Job Description: SW Engineer, Embedded Linux Development and Verification
- Enhance the Linux kernel to support new features for ARC architecture
- Add linux distribution packages support for the ARC architecture
- Enhance the verification automation infrastructure to improve test coverage of linux for configurable ARC Processors
- Track, evaluate, and integrate development from the Linux open source community ecosystem
- Develop Kernel and OS extensions as needed
- Evaluate system performance on a variety of hardware platforms and under various workload
- Provide ARC Corporate Application Engineers (CAEs) 2nd level technical support on customer reported issues as required.
- Strong programming skills in C, assembly and scripting languages (Perl, TCL, Python)
- Thorough understanding of Linux Operating System Architecture, kernel and run-time environment
- Experience with Linux Kernel programming and/or development of Linux user space applications and device drivers.
- Solid understanding of networking protocol stacks, especially TCP/IP
- Domain knowledge in at least two of the following: IP networking, SMP, process management, virtual memory, I/O subsystem, security, performance analysis, file systems, resource management, run-time libraries, compiler optimization, release package management
- Experience with ASIC and FPGA based run-time environments.
- Project Management and Release Tracking experience
- Experience with GIT SCM tools
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- BSCS degree or equivalent, MSCS preferred
- Interesting work in international team
- Salary is based on experience, professional background, interview/test results
- Flexible work schedule
- Social package (bonus program, major medical insurance for employee and family members, on-site English lessons, corporate events)